As we introduce a day shift (5,5,4 0700-1900) in January 2023, we are looking for a Check Manager to run the shift
This role of Check Manager is to ensure that Base Maintenance Business Unit meets its business objectives, from a commercial, safety and quality aspect. This person is responsible for the management of aircraft under the control of Exeter Aerospace to ensure the timely and cost effective completion of checks while satisfying customer requirements and meeting company targets for cost, turn-time and quality.
• Be responsible and accountable for all staff and resources within their area, including attendance, start and finish times, breaks, punctuality work allocation, monitoring, control and development of their people.
• Manage aircraft checks, modifications and materials within tight deadlines to ensure on-time delivery of aircraft;
• Maintain regular contact with customers by running daily meetings and managing the critical path to keep the programme on time;
• Ensure that all additional work is signed for at the time of the request;
• Conduct daily briefings with their team to ensure they are updated throughout the checks;
• Conduct daily meetings with the customer to update them on the progress of the Aircraft visit.
• Manage the performance of team members on an on-going basis and ensuring from a commercial point of view that all items are captured for the final invoice;
• Manage the manpower levels and mix of skill sets required for the team to achieve the best outcome for customer, the company and team performance bonus;
• Manage the contractor requirement levels for their aircraft;
• Ensure that the area around their aircraft is set up correctly and that all aircraft materials are correctly stored;
• Ensure that their hangar footprint is kept clean and tidy;
• Ensure that known safety issues are brought to their attention and that any unsafe working conditions are addressed immediately;
• Communicate with all the staff assigned to them on company issues;
• Use the IT systems including Core and manage peoples attendance on the system;
• Address any safety or quality issues raised on aircraft or in the hangar facility;
• Ensure that there are minimum quality audit findings on their aircraft and action with corrective action any findings in a timely manner.
• Be prepared to undertake other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Company from time to time.
• Possess an ATR, Q400 & EMB 195 type rating;
• Demonstrated experience of commercial awareness and the ability to engage with Customers
• Strong interpersonal skills; • Ability to manage/Motivate and coordinate teams;
• Strong communication skills oral and written;
• Possess a flexible approach to changing priorities and customer demands at short notice.
• Competent PC skills (MS office, email).
• A full understanding of the Company MOE and procedures manual.
• Awareness of the requirements of Part 145 particular the sections relating to Base Maintenance