Dublin Aerospace is a Maintenance Repair Organisation (MRO) based in Dublin, Ireland specialising in Airbus A320 and Boeing 737 series aircraft, Landing Gear and APU overhaul. We are a leading player in the MRO market in Europe and have established ourselves as a high quality, reliable service provider.
A vacancy has arisen in our Base Maintenance Department for a Head of Base Maintenance. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day base maintenance operation including support shops and services. The Head of Base Maintenance will be the primary point of contact for the Deputy Base Maintenance Manager and Check Managers.
- Ensure compliance with all Safety, Quality, Company and Regulatory Authority requirements.
- Meeting customer’s expectations with respect to turnaround, cost, reliability and quality.
- Profitability of the Service Centre.
- Manage all personnel and resources within the workshop with particular emphasis on job performance.
- Report on all technical and airworthiness issues to Quality Manager.
- Full participation with Team Leaders in the application of policies.
- Developing the role played by the Base Support Engineer.
- Expand the portfolio of products by working on the introduction of new component capability in conjunction with Product Development.
- Undertake other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Company from time to time
- Ideally educated to third-level with relevant business/technical qualifications and management experience.
- A working knowledge of company and legislative regulations and procedures which govern Base Maintenance operations.
- A high degree of commercial awareness and understanding of the Base Maintenance business.
- An ability to manage, motivate and develop individual staff and teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Analytical, decision making, planning and organisational skills.
- Confident with I.T. applications and personal communication skills.
- A commitment to continuous improvement with the capacity to manage to key performance indicators.
- The drive and energy to continuously meet/exceed customer’s requirements and Dublin Aerospace budgetary targets.
- Work as part of the senior management team in Dublin to provide; Management and Leadership; Organising and Planning; Communication; Change Management and Continuous Improvement and Innovation to the organisation.
- Work with our sales resources to identify and capture new opportunities in the maintenance schedule and coordinate potential customer slot requests.
- Be prepared to undertake other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Company from time to time.
- Ability to obtain Form 4 approval from the Irish Aviation Authority;
- A knowledge of Base Maintenance Planning, Materials and Work Recording Systems such as DALsys, Visaer, SAP or AMOS would be an advantage.
- Have a full understanding of the Company MOE and Procedures Manual.
- Where applicable, the person must satisfactorily complete a Dublin Aerospace competency assessment procedure based on GM2 145.A.30(e) prior to working unsupervised. Ref. MOE 3.14.
- Must be able to qualify and at all times hold an Airside Pass at Dublin Airport issued by DAA.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written;
- Be able to pass a 5 year security background check;
- Must have permission to live and work in Ireland without restriction at the time of application for this position.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS 4PM ON FRIDAY, 10th FEBRUARY, 2023