ASHBOURNE, CO. MEATH
The Technician is responsible for the safe overhaul and repair of Aircraft Systems / Component products. He/she must ensure that required quality, safety and technical standards of work are maintained as per company manuals and regulatory requirements. All work done must be inspected, repaired, tested and in compliance with the standards specified. The Technician is also responsible for training, assisting and imparting knowledge to other staff and apprentices in the Business unit.
- Carry out electroplating processes as per manuals provided
- Comfortable working with electroplating chemicals using the appropriate PPE
- Ensure that all work and duties assigned are completed in a timely and professional manner so as to maximise output.
- Ensure that all work done is signed for as required.
- Maintain an excellent timekeeping and attendance record in line with company procedures.
- Ensure that systems and handovers are up to date and accurate.
- Ensure all billable man-hours and materials are captured in the Company ERP system.
- Assist with corrective action on audit findings
- Ensure proper use of all personal protective clothing and equipment as required.
- Check that all technical documentation used are up to date.
- Verify that test equipment used is within calibration date.
- Maintain work area in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
- Assist with development of new processes and or component capability.
- Report any technical or airworthiness issue to the Team Leader.
- Be prepared to undertake other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Company from time to time.
Core Competencies / Skills Required:
- Have served a recognised apprenticeship/traineeship and successfully completed related exams.
- Competence as necessary in repair, overhaul or inspection of components and aircraft systems.
- The ability to use correctly and hold the Company Approvals relevant to the area.
- Display a good working knowledge of technical matters relevant to the activities of the Business Unit.
- Ability to interpret and apply requirements of maintenance manuals, engineering drawings, instructions, service bulletins and job-cards.
- A good standard of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to adapt to change and work as part of a team.
- Basic computer literacy and willingness to learn and implement new systems and procedures in line with Company objectives
- Possess a common sense and flexible approach to changing priorities and customer demands at short notice.
- The ability to learn and obtain a good knowledge of Company IT systems, including relevant Visaer modules.
- The ability to learn and fully understanding of the Company MOE and Procedures Manual.
- Where applicable, the person must satisfactorily complete a Dublin Aerospace competency assessment procedure based on GM2 145.A.30(e) prior to working unsupervised. Ref. MOE 3.14
- Must hold a minimum of Foundation Certificate from the Institute of Metal finishers or equivalent.
- Ability to pass a 5 year security background check
- Be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical including drug screening.
- Good working knowledge Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint): Excel in particular
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Permitted to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restriction.