The Role of the Material Specialist in Stores is to ensure goods inward procedure are followed and incoming deliveries are processed in a timely fashion to support the efficient running of the operation.
• Accurately process receipts, stock location, issuing of Exeter Aerospace & customer materials;
• Prompt processing of all deliveries so as to ensure efficient running of operations;
• Ensure IT systems are used effectively and housekeeping maintained, e.g. Materials reject board (MRB) receipts;
• Ensure all actions are compliant with Company procedures in relation to airworthiness, health & safety and environmental requirements;
• Adherence to Goods Inwards procedures as appropriate;
• Be prepared to undertake other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Company from time to time. Core Competencies:
• Current full Drivers licence;
• Current certificate in Counter Balance Forklift operation;
• Awareness of inventory management and procurement process or the aptitude to quickly acquire those skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative, be self motivated and flexible in their approach to work;
• Ability to work under pressure both in a team and on their own.
• Strong communication and organisational skills both written and oral;
• Competent IT Skills – particularly Vis Aer, Microsoft Excel and Outlook;
• An appreciation of the importance of material supplies to the Exeter Aerospace operation;
Ability to live and work in the UK