A position has arisen for a graduate Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Officer to work within the HR & Training Department. The role is ideally suited for a graduate wishing to gain valuable experience in the areas including Occupational Safety, Health, Environment and Facilities. This role will be a 2 year fixed contract withh a view to a permanent position, based onsite at Dublin Airport and Ashbourne. Reporting to the Senior Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Officer, the successful candidate will gain experience through guidance and ongoing support. The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of the Company’s Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Management System. As part of this system the Company operates an Industrial Emissions Licence (IE licence) [Ref No.: P0480].
- Maintain and update the company H&S Statement and Risk assessments (including chemical)
- Maintain and update the company’s safety, health and environmental compliance programme.
- Management and development of the Company’s safety, health and environmental management system (including hazard identification and risk assessment).
- Management of the company’s facilities ensuring all issues are addressed in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensuring that all relevant policies and procedures are documented and comply with all relevant statutes, standards and licenses.
- Proactively develop, design, and implement safety, health and environment improvement projects.
- Promote zero accidents at work culture and carry out accident, incident and near –miss investigation as required.
- Carry out audits and inspections as required and when requested.
- Manage all hazardous and non-hazardous waste shipments.
- Ensuring stock levels of first aid and emergency response equipment.
- Purchase, control and issue company’s uniforms and PPE, First Aid and emergency response equipment.
- Other works relating to environment, health & safety and facilities as required.
- Responsible for the H&S Training programme company wide.
- Liaison and reporting to HSA and EPA via EDEN.
- Management and maintaining the company’s industrial emissions licence
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- The ability to ‘think on your feet’ and act with responsibility and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to travel to other company sites when necessary.
- Expert knowledge of safety and environmental legislation resulting in the ability to apply best practice and full compliance within the company.
- A willingness to improve and the ability to adapt in a fast-changing business and regulatory environment.
- Excellent level of computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proven experience of professional liaison with 3rd parties.
- Health & Safety & Environmental qualification or equivalent and graduated in 2019/20/21/22/23.
- Willingness to learn and develop in the area of EHS
- Ability to obtain and maintain a current valid airside pass / able to pass a security background check
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Permitted to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restriction
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER:
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned and should not be interpreted as exhaustive.
Salary for this position is up to €35,307.00. Mon-Fri 7am to 4pm